International Soft Landings Program
The International Soft Landings Program allows the EEC of New Castle County, Delaware to become an innovation access point for global technology companies considering North American markets.
Globalization has created a unique opportunity to capitalize on innovative business ideas being developed by entrepreneurs located throughout the world. North America is sought out by global entrepreneurs for its vast markets, economic opportunities, investment dollars, and for the intellectual property protection laws that are firmly established. The state of Delaware enjoys name recognition with the international community as the “corporate center” of the United States, and a strategic commercial hub for launching business activities throughout North America.
As a “soft landing zone”, the EEC will offer cost-effective market entry for small to midsized, high-growth companies planning to expand their marketing reach abroad. The EEC provides a dynamic business environment consisting of modern offices, common areas, and a light manufacturing site located within the current facility.
The package includes a variety of useful resources:
• Individual company address in Delaware
• Dedicated phone line with voice mail
• Use of office equipment and postal service
• Conference room usage when visiting
• Quarterly mentoring, coaching and consultation with an extensive network of connected, professional mentors and market advisers who are knowledgeable about marketing, sales, venture capital and the Delaware business ecosystem
• Membership to the NCCCC at the reduced fee of $300 per year
• Referrals to a select group of service providers to assist with business structure, immigration, employment, accounting, tax strategies and public relations
• Attendance to Chamber networking events
• Listing on the EEC website as a soft landings member
Programs that a company entering a foreign market may also need (most are fee-based):
• Translation services / Language training
• Domestic market research and entry assistance
• Access to capital and potential funding sources
• Intellectual property protection assistance
• Help with import/export laws
The EEC is a valuable and affordable choice for foreign companies wishing to do business in the United States, yet not ready to make a physical move. The Soft Landings program provides a marketing presence in the U.S. and allows companies to access the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce’s network of contacts.