“Swim With the Sharks” Video Pitch Competition is open to for-profit businesses within the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce traditional service area, including New Castle County, Kent County, Sussex County, Southern NJ, Cecil County, MD. and Southeastern PA, who have been in business fewer than three (3) years. Entrants MUST have a valid Business License at the time of submission.
The Emerging Enterprise Center reserves the right to verify all eligibility requirements.
- Check back in July for submission page
- Must have a Facebook account to submit
- Fill out form and follow instructions for submission on webpage
- Contestants must supply all details required by the submission guidelines, and comply with all rules to be eligible to participate in the competition
- The Emerging Enterprise Center (EEC) reserves the right to verify all eligibility requirements and will at its sole discretion, can disqualify and delete any entry it deems to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate, or not in keeping with the EEC‘s image, or that is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these competition rules.
All entries must be received by Thursday, August 31st, 4:59 p.m. ET. Click here for submission dates. Any entries received after this time will not be considered. The EEC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- A company can submit only one (1) video for the competition
- Submissions will be available for viewing immediately so that you can share it with your supporters. Visitors to EECincubator.com, NCCCC.com, Chamber members, and member of the general public will have a chance to “Like” and comment on their favorite entries during this online viewing period. A “Like” is not a vote and will not affect the judging for the finalists.
- The EEC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and delete any entry it deems to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate, or not in keeping with the EEC‘s image, or that is otherwise not in compliance with the terms of these official competition rules
- Click here for submission dates
- Monday, July 31st ……..Competition Opens. Videos can be submitted as early as Noon. (website: TBD)
- Thursday, August 31st …….Deadline for submitting videos (received by 4:59 p.m.)
- All entries may be submitted and received between Monday, July 31st at Noon until Thursday, August 31st at 4:59 p.m.
- The EEC will review submitted videos for content and eligibility
- The SWTS Webpage (website: TBD) will be available so that the public can “Like” their favorite videos A “Like” is not a vote and will not affect the judging for the finalists.
- On or by September 8th …….. Finalists announced
- Friday, September 22nd ……… Winner Announced – Attendees at EEC Annual Luncheon will View and Vote for their Favorite Video
President’s Circle Sponsor:
Text to Vote Sponsor:
Use of Personal Information
The personal information of participants collected in connection with the competition will be used only in the execution and promotion of the Swim With the Sharks Video Pitch Competition.
FINALIST SELECTION PROCESS
There will be three (3) finalists selected.
A panel of judges will select the finalists based on the following criteria:
- Message communicated in Clear, Concise, & Compelling manner
- Overview of Business, the Market, Target Customer and Customer Problem being Solved
- Unique Value Proposition (Why Buy from You?)
- How the Prize Package will be used to help the business grow to next level?
Voting for Grand Prize Winner will be conducted at the EEC Annual Luncheon.
Finalists will be notified by e-mail on or by September 8.
$10,000 Grand Prize Package
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Prize Package valued in excess of $10,000 in cash & services.
- $2,500 Cash Prize
- Six (6) month membership in EEC Virtual Incubator Program ($1,200 value)
- New Castle County Chamber of Commerce Marketing Package ($1,400 value)
- One year membership in New Castle County Chamber of Commerce
- $2,500 in services from our Presenting Sponsor, Williams Humphreys and Company
- 5 hours of services from our Bronze Sponsor, Young Conaway Stargatt and Taylor LLP ($3,125 value)
The three (3) finalists in the Swim with the Sharks Video Pitch Competition will be invited to attend the Emerging Enterprise Center’s Annual Lunch on Friday September 22, 2017, and to set up a table to showcase their business. They will each receive the following:
- Admission to two (2) Business Education Workshops presented by EEC
- One years’ membership in the New Castle County Chamber of Commerce. (If any finalist is a current member, they will receive next year’s membership for free.)
Use of Personal Information
The personal information of participants collected in connection with the contest will be used only in the execution and promotion of the Swim With the Sharks Video Pitch Competition.